I ran across some notes from a seminary class as I was studying Philippians (for an upcoming sermon series). That means these notes are best attributed to Dr. Mulholland (Asbury Seminary) if they are indeed from my Philippians exegetical course.
A Final Check for your study of the word (use a theological grid: theology, cosmology, anthropology, soteriology, sociology, eschatology):
1. what does this passage reveal about the nature of God? (God’s character, purpose, action, etc.)
2. what does this text tell us about the nature of creation?
3. what does this text reveal about humanity?
4. what does this text reveal of salvation? (justification, regeneration, sanctification, etc.)
5. what does this text reveal about the human community?
6. what does this text reveal about the direction which God is moving history?